Hartley People Recruitment are recruiting for an experienced Child Care Assistant to join our client’s busy team in Freshford, County Kilkenny. This is an ideal role for a friendly and positive individual with a can-do attitude to join a well-established and fast-paced company.
- Provide high-quality early childhood care and education to children.
- Guide, observe, stimulate, and supervise children in a safe and caring environment.
- Work closely with the Manager and other team members to ensure smooth operations.
- Act as a key worker for specified children, fostering strong individual connections.
- Ensure the safety, security, and well-being of all children in your care.
- Assist in planning and implementing an age-appropriate, stimulating program of activities to support natural growth and development.
- Maintain strict adherence to quality and safety standards in the service.
Care and Well-being:
- Be attentive and responsive to the needs of the children in your care.
- Address issues related to the well-being of the children promptly and compassionately.
- Communicate with children at their level to create a positive and supportive environment.
- Utilize positive strategies to support children through challenging behaviors.
- Maintain a safe sleep environment, when applicable.
- Provide personal care as necessary, including nappy changing, nose cleaning, and toileting.
- Conduct planned and unplanned observations using the observation system and materials.
- Report any concerns about a child’s welfare to the Designated Liaison Person for Child Protection.
- Greet parents and children in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Keep parents informed of their children’s progress and well-being through regular communication.
- Record relevant information and messages from parents.
- Participate in parent/teacher meetings, if required, outside regular working hours.
- Refer any parental complaints to the manager for appropriate resolution.
- Prepare and serve food to children, encouraging good eating habits and personal hygiene.
- Support self-feeding when appropriate and make mealtimes enjoyable social occasions for the children.
Curriculum and Activities:
- Participate in planning and implementing a curriculum based on the national framework Aistear.
- Support children’s emergent interests and introduce appropriate play equipment.
- Provide opportunities for self-directed play to encourage exploration and learning.
Health and Safety:
- Immediately report any safety hazards or risks to management.
- Refrain from engaging in any activity that poses a risk to staff or children.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of fire and safety procedures within the service.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment, including regular cleaning duties.
- Use equipment and machines according to management instructions.
- Conduct an outdoors risk assessment to ensure a safe and clean outside environment.
- Maintain a professional appearance, adhering to the dress code outlined in the Contract of Employment.
- Keep appropriate records and documents in compliance with the Child Care 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016.
- Maintain records of children’s progress, observations, accidents, and medicine records, among others.
Member of Staff Team Responsibilities:
- Collaborate effectively with other childcare team members, including the Room Leader and Manager.
- Respect the rights of the children in your care and foster positive working relationships within the team.
- Communicate frequently with team members, the manager, and parents as necessary.
- Maintain straightforward, accurate, and professional communication during work hours and while supervising children.
- Demonstrate flexibility in working across different children’s rooms as needed.
- Training and Meetings:
- Undertake required training courses, such as first aid, fire safety, manual handling, and food handling.
- Participate in additional training as requested by the Manager.
- Attend and actively engage in meetings as required.
- Familiarize yourself with all service policies and procedures and implement them.
- Train student workers and assist new staff during their induction process.
- Adhere to the Child Care 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016 and all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Ensure that the service maintains all quality and safety standards in accordance with Síolta, the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education.
*All candidates must have a minimum of a Fetac Level 5 major award in Early Childhood Education and Care*
Interested? Call Kathryn on Hartley People’s office number 051 878 813 or email your CV Kathryn@hartleypeople.com.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence, and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.