An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in Cork for a Buyer/Stores Person. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company at an exciting growth phase. The ideal candidate will have previous purchasing experience.
- Research and evaluate potential vendors and suppliers.
- Compare quotes and prices for maximum returns.
- Establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Build rapport and relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts for pricing and supply.
- Examine and review products and supplies to ensure quality.
- Track incoming inventory, delivery arrival time and note actual arrival time.
- Organise and update database of suppliers, delivery times, invoices, and quantity of supplies.
- Collaborate with the financial team members on contracts, invoicing, and other financial matters.
- Previous purchasing experience – essential.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field – desirable
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
For immediate consideration please email your CV in response to this job posting.
Hartley People Recruitment, work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent