Hartley People Wexford are looking for suitable candidates to fill the role of Quality Assistant for a highly successful Food Manufacturing business in Wexford. This is an ideal opportunity to develop your career in the food industry with the aim of becoming a Quality Manager in the future.
Experience & Characteristics
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a quality control system.
- Experience of the BRC standard is imperative
- Understanding of advanced methods and systems of quality control in food production
- Passion for and deep understanding of food and food quality
- Assisting in the Management of Customer Accounts in relation to technical support
- Experience of collaborating with New Product Development function to bring new products to market that are complete in terms of functionality and all related technical requirements
- Interest in product innovation and market acceptance criteria
- Supporting commercial activity with technical product specifications and other work related to securing new listings
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Product Quality across the business
- Ensuring product quality is of the highest standard and conforms to all food safety and quality requirements including legal requirements
- Managing the Quality Control team in the implementation and continuous improvement of all elements of the Quality System
- Assisting in Audits
- Managing technical element of supplier relationships including supplier approval and supplier audits
- Creating, monitoring and updating fit-for-purpose technical documentation for each product sku
- Working within the structures of the organization to include KPI generation, KPI management, meetings and systems of management that already exist in the business
- Proactive participation in continuous improvement in terms of the quality and technical function and also in terms of cross-disciplinary improvements that are undertaken in the business
- Promotion of the company values in behaviours, actions and leadership: Safety, Respect, Proactivity, Performance, Feedback, Empowered Team
- 3rd Level degree in Food Science, Agricultural Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role within the Food Industry.
- Knowledge of quality standards and regulations (e.g. ISO, BRC, HACCP, GMP).
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of SAP are an advantage.
- A motivated team player with excellent communication skills and great attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
What to do next?
Contact me in the strictest of confidence to discuss further.
If you do not possess all of these attributes or this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Damien on 053 9100111 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in response to this job posting.