Hartley People Recruitment are seeking a dedicated and experienced professional to join our client’s team in the role of HR/ER Generalist based in Waterford.
The primary focus of this position is to provide expert guidance and support to our HR Team and Operational Managers on a wide range of employment relations and rights matters.
Your role will involve fostering a positive working environment, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, and driving effective HR practices.
- Guidance and Support: Offer valuable support and advice to the HR Team and Operational Managers in matters related to Industrial Relations (IR), Employee Relations (ER), and employment rights.
- Collaborative Expertise: Collaborate closely with the Head of HR to provide professional ER/HR advice and innovative solutions, ultimately contributing to positive outcomes within the organization.
- Dispute Resolution: Act as an expert in dealing with disciplinary, grievance, and dismissal cases, ensuring fair and compliant processes.
- Policy Development: Contribute to the development and implementation of up-to-date HR policies, procedures, and processes that align with current legislation and modern employment practices.
- Legal Compliance: Stay updated on changes in employment law, industrial relations, and HR developments, while keeping HR managers and staff informed of relevant case law and implications.
- Policy Compliance: Continuously review company policies to ensure alignment with legislative obligations.
- Written Communication: Provide essential support to the HR Team through written communications as needed.
- Research and Recommendations: Conduct in-depth research on ER/IR/HR issues and provide recommendations for best practices.
- Relationship Building: Develop effective partnership relationships with employer representative bodies to strengthen our organizational impact.
- Project Participation: Actively engage in HR projects and initiatives as required.
- Training and Development: Prepare and deliver training sessions focused on Industrial/Employee relations and Employment legislation for the broader HR team, including training design, development of guidance on policy and practice, coaching, and organizational development.
- Third-Party Support: Aid in the preparation of submissions and cases for third-party industrial relations proceedings, such as the Workplace Relations Commission.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications and Attributes:
- Educational Background: Possession of a relevant 3rd-level HR qualification or similar.
- Experience: Demonstrated expertise in HR, employee relations, investigation, and/or labor relations.
- Collaborative Skills: Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with managers and HR colleagues.
- Confidentiality: A commitment to handling sensitive information with discretion and diplomacy.
- Legal Knowledge: Strong knowledge and understanding of Irish employment law.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are a dedicated HR professional who thrives on providing strategic advice and support while contributing to the positive development of the workplace, we encourage you to apply for this position.
For immediate consideration please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in response to this job posting or call Darren at 051-878813
Hartley People Recruitment works to the highest ethical standards within our industry, and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence, and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.