Hartley People Recruitment are seeking a Workshop Controller to join our client in Waterford.
As a Workshop Controller, you will be at the forefront of our workshop operations, playing a vital role in coordinating and overseeing the maintenance team. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the efficient flow of work, maximize productivity, and guarantee the delivery of outstanding vehicle servicing.
- Workshop Management: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the workshop, ensuring that all activities are carried out in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Team Leadership: Lead and motivate a team of skilled technicians, ensuring they have the necessary resources, guidance, and support to achieve their targets and deliver excellent results.
- Scheduling: Plan and allocate work to technicians, taking into account their expertise and workload to optimize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Quality Assurance: Maintain strict quality control standards, conducting regular inspections to ensure all repair and maintenance work meets the dealership’s and manufacturer’s requirements.
- Customer Interaction: Communicate effectively with customers to provide updates on their vehicle’s status, discuss repair recommendations, and address any queries or concerns promptly and professionally.
- Inventory Management: Monitor workshop inventory, including parts and supplies, and coordinate with the Parts Department to ensure adequate stock levels for smooth operations.
- Health & Safety Compliance: Ensure the workshop operates in accordance with health and safety regulations, taking appropriate measures to provide a safe working environment for all team members.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the automotive industry or a busy workshop environment is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate technicians to deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to effectively prioritize tasks and manage workflow.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle mechanics and maintenance processes.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with team members and customers professionally.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with workshop management software.
- A customer-focused mindset, with a dedication to providing outstanding service and exceeding customer expectations.
For immediate consideration please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in response to this job posting.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.