Hartley People are seeking to New Product Innovation Project Coordinator to join our well-established client in Kilkenny.
This is an ideal role for a mechanical engineer with design experience with a can-do attitude to join a well-established and growing company. This is a full-time permanent role.
The company is dedicated to creating innovative and high-quality products. We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Product Development Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in managing the development of new and incremental products. As the primary interface between our company and suppliers, you will ensure that product specifications and expectations are fully met.
- Providing mechanical and industrial design solutions to drive the development of new products.
- Creating and managing project plans to coordinate activities and meet deadlines.
- Collaborating with supply partners to track and resolve product development issues.
- Conducting mechanical assembly of products, including new, existing, prototype, and competitor products, for engineering evaluation and testing.
- Organising customer feedback sessions on prototypes and incorporating the feedback into projects.
- Developing fitting instructions for new products.
- Keeping management informed about project status.
- Ensuring the creation of accurate product documentation for each project, such as Bill of Materials (BOM), spare parts lists, layout drawings, and labels.
- Providing training for other departments and product installers.
- Supporting other departments, including Supply Chain, Customer Services, and Marketing, with product expertise and technical solutions for customers.
- Performing other tasks and duties within the scope of individual competency to foster a flexible working environment.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve technical challenges using root cause analysis and implement effective solutions.
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD software (Solidworks skills are an advantage).
- Project management experience, with a high level of organization and the ability to work within planned deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in computer applications, particularly MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Meticulous attention to detail in technical reporting and administration.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and committed to delivering high-quality results.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Possession of a clean driving license.
Desirable Experience: It is highly desirable that you have at least 3 years of experience in new product development/engineering.
Education and Qualifications: A degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Organised and self-starting.
- Motivated and driven individual.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
Additional Role Requirements: We are seeking someone with a natural curiosity about how products work and a strong desire to improve and perfect them.
Join our dynamic team and contribute to our commitment to innovation and product excellence.
If you do not possess all of these attributes or this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hartley People Recruitment works to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence, and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.