Hartley People are seeking to multiple Mechanical Design Engineer to join our well-established client in Waterford.
We are a dynamic engineering design company specializing in the design and construction of customized equipment for the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. Our core focus is on creating innovative, tailor-made machines to meet our clients’ unique requirements.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Design Manager to lead our engineering team and drive the successful execution of our projects. In this role, you will be responsible for managing, developing, and providing guidance to a multidisciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers. Collaborating with the Management Director, you will contribute to the strategic planning and achievement of company objectives. Additionally, you will ensure effective coordination with the Plant Manager to align manufacturing priorities and optimize equipment efficiency.
- Manage, develop, and mentor the engineering team, fostering their professional growth and ensuring their success.
- Collaborate with the Management Director to plan, manage, and deliver yearly strategic objectives and targets.
- Provide expert leadership and direction to the engineering functions within the organization.
- Work closely with the Plant Manager to align priorities and maximize manufacturing efficiency.
- Monitor and manage project progress, prepare regular reports for management review.
- Resolve project issues promptly and cost-effectively, ensuring timely escalation and resolution.
- Collaborate with customers and suppliers to deliver project solutions on time, within budget, and to the highest standards.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and development within the organization.
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding new business opportunities and proposal development.
- Ensure client expectations are understood and met throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and present design concepts to existing and prospective clients.
- Manage project financial plans, ensuring adherence to budgets.
- Collaborate with the Management Director and Plant Manager to develop project quotations and timelines for clients.
- Proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) platforms, particularly SolidWorks.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an engineering or design role, with at least 5 years in a senior management position, preferably within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of success in managing a multidisciplinary engineering function.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to mentor and manage a team of engineers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously at various stages.
- Flexible and adaptable mindset, willing to explore new approaches in the face of challenges.
- Hands-on experience in machinery design and construction projects.
- Strong organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage competing demands and finite resources while achieving desired outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance business objectives, customer needs, and team requirements.
- Medical benefits
- Gym contribution
- Pension plan
- Flexible working hours (Monday to Thursday, 8 am – 5 pm & Friday, 8 am – 1 pm)
- Performance bonus
- Bike-to-work program
If you do not possess all of these attributes or this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are
looking for a new position, please contact Jessica@hartleypeople.com for a confidential
discussion on your career.
Hartley People Recruitment works to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we
value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full
consultation in confidence, and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our
clients without your prior consent