Hartley People are seeking to multiple Mechanical Design Engineer to join our well-established client in Wexford.
Join our award-winning Mechanical Design Team at a leading manufacturer of high-speed packaging machinery. We specialize in utilizing cutting-edge robotic and servo-motion technologies to build complex automated machine solutions for international clients in the pharma, medical, and food manufacturing industries.
Why Work Here:
At our company, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a high-growth industry that values tenacity, creativity, persistence, passion, and talent. You will collaborate on multiple highly complex projects alongside industry professionals, enjoying the fast-paced nature of our work. We prioritize hard work, accuracy, and creativity, which is reflected in our design solutions and manufactured machines. Your contribution to the team and the satisfaction of our clients will be highly valued. We foster personal development, encourage communication, and stay agile and innovative with the latest technologies. With our exponential growth, there are ample opportunities for career progression to technical leads or managers. We offer a competitive salary, on-the-job training, personal development programs, paid travel opportunities, health insurance, and a pension scheme. Additionally, we support the cycle to work scheme and promote sports and activities outside working hours.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be a valued member of our mechanical design team and will be responsible for multiple projects throughout the design lifecycle. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Detailed design using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks)
- Developing new design solutions or enhancing existing designs
- Creating 2D layouts from initial concept to final as-built layout using AutoCAD
- Preparing detailed production drawings and associated material lists
- Maintaining the design database and ensuring centralized storage of design drawings and concepts
- Developing technical specifications and generating required inputs for technical documentation
- Collaborating with customers on engineering details throughout the project
- Conducting site visits to customer locations to assess design and space constraints and provide feedback to the team
- Specifying components and OEM machines
- Providing support to the manufacturing and operations team
- Participating in DQ reviews and preparing documentation for FAT/SAT and customer training
Required Qualifications and Experience:
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Highly motivated, dependable, organized, and professional
- A third-level qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience, preferably in designing machine frames and mechanisms for pneumatic and servomotor-controlled automatic machinery
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced operational environment
- Proficiency in 3D design using SolidWorks (or ability to learn SolidWorks quickly if experienced with similar 3D CAD software)
- Proficient knowledge of 2D software packages (AutoCAD)
- Significant technical experience in a projects-based business or exceptional graduates
This position qualifies under the Critical Skills Employment Permit rules in Ireland. The company will provide assistance in obtaining a work permit for successful candidates currently residing outside the UK or EU/EEA (UK/EU/EEA residents do not require a permit).
If you do not possess all of these attributes or this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are
looking for a new position, please contact Jessica@hartleypeople.com for a confidential
discussion on your career.
Hartley People Recruitment works to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we
value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full
consultation in confidence, and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our
clients without your prior consent