Hartley People are hiring an experienced Automation Engineer for a leading company in the Dairy, Food & Beverage, and Pharma industries. The role involves programming, implementation, and documentation of changes to process automation code and hardware, providing automation support, scoping and designing projects, investigating new technologies, and working with cross-functional teams to drive performance improvements.
- Code and hardware changes implementation and documentation
- Automation support and issue resolution
- Working with the CAPEX project engineering team, to complete project scoping, design, and commissioning
- Investigating new technologies and upgrades
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to drive performance improvements
- Developing the site process automation system
- Improving cybersecurity and managing automation change control procedures
- 5+ years of programming experience in process manufacturing, preferably in Dairy, Food & Beverage or Pharma
- Experience with DCS, SCADA, and HMIs (e.g., ABB SattLine, 800xA, Wonderware Intouch, Ignition)
- PLC experience (e.g., Allen Bradley, Siemens, ABB)
- Instrumentation configuration knowledge (e.g., Flow meters, Conductivity meters, Motor Variable Speed drives)
- Ability to read P&IDs and translate onto HMI screen
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical and decision-making ability
- Continuous improvement mindset and ability to work individually and in teams
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please email your CV in word format to Aisling in response to this posting.