Hartley People Recruitment is working with Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board to fill the position of Mechanical/Electrical Engineer, through their Pathfinder Programme. This is a national programme with a vision to reduce energy use and CO2 emission by 50%. The programme is administered by the Planning and Building Unit in the Department of Education and the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Building Services Engineer to join the Planning and Building Unit. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of a capital program to meet the infrastructure requirements of the education sector. Your role will involve collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring compliance with technical guidelines, and driving the efficient and timely completion of educational projects. Strong leadership, managerial, and communication skills are essential for this position.
- Plan, organize, manage, and monitor assigned work program in alignment with business plans.
- Review building services documentation to ensure compliance with technical guidance.
- Lead by example to promote excellence in educational facility design and research.
- Contribute to the development of research programs and the advancement of educational infrastructure.
- Provide professional and technical advice to various sections within the Planning and Building Unit.
- Promote efficiency by developing and updating technical and design guidance documents.
- Ensure high-quality educational facilities are delivered within agreed space, guidance, and cost norms.
- Stay informed about trends, developments, and best practices in building services engineering and construction.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies for evaluating and prioritizing projects.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to assess progress, quality, and completion of projects.
- Collaborate with other professionals to prepare project briefs and accommodation schedules.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) protocols.
- Contribute to standardizing office management standards, tools, and procedures within the unit.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold a recognized level 8 degree in Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of five years’ relevant post-qualification working experience in building services design.
- Registered as a Chartered Engineer with Engineers Ireland, Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers CIBSE, or EU equivalent.
- Experience in designing building services engineering projects, including energy efficiency.
- Proficiency in managing building services engineering projects and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a record of achievement in the field.
- Knowledge of current legislative requirements and changes impacting building design and construction.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience in Building Information Modeling (BIM) and proficiency in software such as Revit.
- Familiarity with ISO Quality Management Standards and recognized project management standards.
- Experience as an Assigned Certifier/Ancillary Assigned Certifier under the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014.
- Experience in designing building services engineering solutions for existing structures.
- Familiarity with Building Energy Performance analysis software packages.
For immediate consideration please send your CV to Darren@hartleypeople.com at Hartley People
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence, and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.