An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in Waterford for a Qualified Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company at an exciting growth phase
- Reporting to a team responsible for financial requirements, showcasing accounting, business knowledge, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly management accounts, financial statements, year-end audit files within set timelines and standards.
- Delivering accurate and timely financial information, adhering to periodic reporting schedules (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Complying with finance processes aligned with group policies and ensuring effective, efficient regulatory compliance.
- Understanding the group’s and site’s business environment, structures, controls, processes, and information systems.
- Supporting Finance Team functions, aiming for comprehensive service delivery to stakeholders.
- Assisting in team technical, role, and cross-training requirements.
- Developing achievable team and individual goals, assisting in routine finance team activities.
- Monitoring financial control routines to maintain financial statement integrity and asset protection.
- Participating in the annual budget process, optimizing IT systems for efficient control and reporting processes.
- Resolving debtor/creditor queries impacting cash flow and handling ad hoc accounting/administration tasks and projects.
- Contributing to generic functions such as H&S, HR, Utilities, Maintenance, IT and participating in internal meetings.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA, or CIMA).
- Building strong interpersonal and cross-functional relationships for effective communication.
- Detail-oriented for information accuracy and completeness.
- Technical competence translating standards to practical situations.
- Focus on continuous improvement, problem-solving, and standardization.
- Strong leadership skills, motivating teams towards shared goals.
- Understanding internal control, with a proactive problem-solving mindset.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated with a structured approach to problem-solving.
- Proficient in Excel and IT systems, with an advantage in ERP systems & Business Intelligence tools like Qlikview.
For immediate consideration please call Abbie on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.
Hartley People Recruitment, work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.